Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Has anyone built a Multi-Faceted Leaderboard (or does one exist OOTB)?

Like, "Top Users over past 30 days" that accounts for multiple factors (maybe replies are worth 2 points, kudos 1 point, etc.)

I don't believe anything like this exists OOTB.  Can anyone confirm, or has anyone built something like this before?

• I wish! Our not-fancy solution for this is to display two separate leaderboards on our community home page, one for kudos and one for solutions. Then we do a manual calculation monthly for the "Member of the Month Score" (which we decided is (kudos received)+2*(solutions authored).

Following this discussion!

• Yeah we've tried this - I posted this idea way back to try and gather metrics for this.

Our previous implementations on this employed 3rd party analytics to track custom events / activities and then we created a set of endpoints to allow Khoros to pull in this data back in to create our custom ranked leaderboards. It worked OK, was a bit slow and kinda lagged due to the turn around on the metrics. 

A lot depends on what you want to measure for the leaderboard, but off loading data to another system seems like the only option unless you can derive these metrics by calculations or simple logic on the existing data.