Forum Discussion

elbranscomb
Executive
3 years ago

Hiding the option to change email privacy

Has anyone found a way to customize what appears on this page under My Settings. 

/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:privacy

Basically, we want to hide the option for a user to change their email address privacy to anything other than No-one. 

Currently it looks like this:

I want to remove the row from the form for Show Email address to. However cannot figure out exactly what element this is when adding this into the page css to reference the correct element. 

Inspecting the element gives me this:

lia-form-row lia-form-profile-privacy-email-entry

However, this is part of a tab component on the MyProfilePage and this seems to require some additional detail I can't find in inspecting the page. 

• Hi elbranscomb 

Congrats on your recent launch of the Strava Community Hub. I love how you branded the community lingo to the sports theme.

To hide the email privacy setting the following styling should do the trick:

.MyProfilePage .lia-form-row.lia-form-profile-privacy-email-entry {
        display: none;
    }
  • Hi elbranscomb 

Congrats on your recent launch of the Strava Community Hub. I love how you branded the community lingo to the sports theme.

To hide the email privacy setting the following styling should do the trick:

.MyProfilePage .lia-form-row.lia-form-profile-privacy-email-entry {
        display: none;
    }
      elbranscomb
      Executive

Thanks for the styling for this it worked first time. 

Glad you like what we did with the new site - it's been great fun to be creative with some of our categories and boards.