Forum Discussion

11 years ago

How can i edit a default Component?

Hello There,

One Question:

I can i edit a default component?

Many Thanks

• No - you can't change in-built components, nor can you see the underlying code for them (most of them aren't written in FreeMarker like custom components are).

Some of the components have undocumented parameters that allow some modifications. You can also sometimes use a combination of CSS and JavaScript to modify their appearance.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you can either to write a custom component from scratch, or ask Lithium to implement something for you.

HaidongG
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi leogomes, 

no, you can't do that. OOTB components are not built with Freemarker, but mainly with Java, so they can't be exposed or updated.

which default component are you trying to edit and what is your expected customization? we may be able to advise whether there is any configuration allows your change the behavior.

• No - you can't change in-built components, nor can you see the underlying code for them (most of them aren't written in FreeMarker like custom components are).

Some of the components have undocumented parameters that allow some modifications. You can also sometimes use a combination of CSS and JavaScript to modify their appearance.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you can either to write a custom component from scratch, or ask Lithium to implement something for you.

NicoB
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

the only option you have which doesn't involve engagement with our Professional Services team is to use the overriding feature offered by our platform which allows you to customize almost any component.

Have a look a this lithosphere page to have an understanding of what the platform has to offer :

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/support-knowledge-base/Using-override-to-change-core-components/ta-p/61358

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nico