Forum Discussion

8 years ago

How can I emulate standard component behavior with my custom component?

I have a custom component created that will display 5 messages on the Community Page, but I need to be able to allow the user to open this component up and display ALL the messages on a separate page.  Similar in behavior to how the Latest Posts or Unanswered Topics components have the Greater Than > symbol on the right hand side of the header bar, which is a link to opening that up to its own page. Actually the whole header is a link.

Header with link

I have rooted around the forums and KB and haven't found anything like what I am hoping to accomplish. Has anyone out there done anything like this? It would be nice if there was a sample code repository to peruse for examples.

Here are the basics of my custom component.

<#assign num = 5 />
<#assign myVAR = true />

<#assign myVAR_messages = "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE myVAR = true AND depth = 0 ORDER by post_time ASC LIMIT "+num />

<#assign myVAR_messages_ALL = "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE myVAR = true AND depth = 0 ORDER by post_time ASC" />

<div class="custom-myVAR-message">
  <@component id="forums.widget.message-list-panel" title="Show MyVAR Messages" messages="rest_2.0:/search?q="+myVAR_messages?url style="wide" numMessages="conv:"+num?number />

<@component id="forums.widget.message-list-panel" title="Show ALL MyVAR Messages" messages="rest_2.0:/search?q="+myVAR_messages_ALL?url style="wide" />
</div>

The second @component definition is what I believe I'll need for the display all page; I know it doesn't belong there in the div, it's a placeholder for now.

Please point me to any examples of this or other resources I might have overlooked.

Regards,
Dennis

• Hi dkytasaari  FYI you can use out of the box component with required no of topics you want to show on your page. You can update the no of topics here

/t5/bizapps/bizappspage/tab/community%3Aadmin%3Adisplay%3Afront-page-display%3Asettings?setting=layout.recent-threads-module-list-size

But if you really need a customised view then you can use the below code.  Some CSS efforts would be needed. 

<!-- custom-latest-topic -->
    <div class="main sub-section">
        <#attempt>
        <div class="community-wrapper">
            <#assign latestTopics=rest( "2.0", "/search?q=" + "SELECT subject,board.id,view_href,author.login,post_time from messages where depth = 0 order by post_time DESC limit 5"?url).data.items />

<div class="heading-section item-wrapper">
                <div class="go-heading-1 major-sub-section sub-section"><a href="/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread">Latest Topics</a></div>
            </div>
            <div class="content-section">
                <div class="latest-topic-section">
                    <#list latestTopics as topic>
                          <div class="thread-wrapper item-wrapper">
                              <div class="content sub-section">
                                  <div class="subject detail go-body-1">
                                      <a href="${topic.view_href}">${topic.subject}</a>
                                  </div>
                                  <div class="board detail go-body-2">
                                      <#assign boardDetail=rest( "2.0", "/search?q=" + "SELECT title,view_href from boards where id  = '${topic.board.id}'"?url).data.items[0] />
                                      <a href="${boardDetail.view_href}">${boardDetail.title}</a>                                                  
                                  </div>
                                  <div class="post-detail detail">
                                      <spna  class="Author detail go-body-2 go-light">Author: ${topic.author.login}</spna>
                                       <span class="seprater count"></span>
                                      <spna  class="post-time detail go-body-2 go-light">Date: ${topic.post_time?date}</spna>
                                  </div>
                              </div>
                          </div>
                    </#list>
                </div> 
            </div>
        </div>
        <#recover>
          <!-- Error in Latest Topic -->
        </#attempt>
    </div>

When you click on the text Latest Topics it would redirect you to a separate page having all the latest topics.