Forum Discussion

10 years ago

How can I extract latest topics across all forums inside a category page

I have a category page which has 4 sub-forums inside.

I want to pull all the latest topic inside my custom component, just the way lithium component does (Latest Topic Component)

I dont see direct URL which does that for us

something like http://community.lithium.com/community-name/restapi/vc/categories/id/[id] /boards

But it ask for board id further to pull all the threads inside that board, what i am looking for is if i have multiple boards inside a category i want to pull all the latest threads inside that category with one API call.

Please help.

rupamkhaitan
      Helper

I tried that but it doesnt give me all the threads inside each forum page for one category page.

For eg: I have one category page with ID : cat1

Inside this category i create four forum with ID: F1, F2, F3, F4

Now i want all the latest topic to be pulled from each forum in one component, i have achieved this by looping through each forum and rendering the HTMl, but i was wondering if there is any straight forward way with one URL which gives the consolidated information.

There is a built-in component in lithium saying 'Latest Topic' which does what i am looking for, but thats the built component and I want a custom component with similar feature.

Putting /nested in the URL is not giving me all the threads for each forum.

please help

sunny_mody
        Advisor

Hi,

I believe this rest api should work for you :

/restapi/vc/categories/id/{category_id}/topics/recent

Thanks,

Sunny