Forum Discussion

Sonia
Contributor
12 years ago

How can I place a banner outside the community forum area, visible on all pages

Hi there, 

I'd like to place a banner outside of the forum area of Community and for it to be visible on all pages (pls refer screenshot attached, area circled in red). 

Could you please tell me if this is possible and if it is, please advise where on the admin tool I should go to create this?

thanks. 

image.png
    MoniqueL
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

While I'm not able to tell you exactly how you should implement this, You are able to alter the background of your community to add a custom banner/component/background via Studio > Community Style > Custom skin > desktop > wrapper > Page Header section. For whatever you add, you can style it using an external style sheet or JS file (just be sure to add a link to them in the page head content) or add the css into your skin's css section and upload the js file need into your communities "Other Assets" section

VenkS
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)
      As for the exact placing of a banner outside the forum area, you can increase the width of your pages by modifying the skin properties, and then modify your layout (let's assume that its two-column.main-side.layout.xml), to add a third custom column to the "main" row. Assuming this column is called "custom-banner-content", you can add your banner in a custom component and add that component to the custom column for the Common quilt.