Forum Discussion

NicolaC
Guide
5 years ago

How customisable is error page content?

We have identified a few error pages and were wondering if/how we can edit the content so that they match the tone and voice of the rest of our site? For example:   Access Denied - You do not have...
    5 years ago

As far as I know, all you can do on the access denied page is update the message via text properties in Studio (in Studio > Text Editor). The key for the access denied page is: error.PermissionDeniedException.body. You can put html into the i18n string for links and paragraphs and such. Ours is below as an example. (No, I shouldn't be adding inline styles. But sometimes you do what you gotta do :-))

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:black;padding:20px;font-size:18px;border:3px solid #999999;"><p><strong>You don''t have permission to access this area of the Meraki Community.</strong></p><p>Please see <a href="https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Tips-Tricks/Resolving-access-issues-on-the-Meraki-Community/m-p/47762" style="color:#0097c8;">this document</a> to learn more about what might be going on and how to get access to the content you need!</p></div>

Not sure about the other error pages. And there may be more you can do for access denied page - that’s just all I’ve been able to figure out 🙂