Forum Discussion

nickz
Guide
10 years ago

How do I add a component that will "make" my visitors provide feedback for articles

Hi, I need some help on adding a new component/widget into my knowledge base. This is pretty critical for the success of our team, so it would be great if we could have some pointers. 

In a nutshell, we would like to do improve the quality of the articles we are hosting in my knowledge base. In order to do so, I want to "make" my visitors to give me feedback whenever they access an article -- whether it be good or bad.

We were thinking of incorporating a component/widget that does the following:

1. Visitor accesses an article in our site (IMAGE1.jpg)

image1

2. When they try to click away from the page, a module takes over the entire site, where the user MUST provide some feedback. (IMAGE2.jpg)

IMAGE2.jpg

3. If the user clicks on "No", we have a follow-up behavior, which displays to the visitors other options from where they could choose from. (IMAGE3.jpg)

IMAGE3.jpg

Action for this second popup module is optional.

Ideally, we would like to be able to track the different clicks made per articles (e.g. There were 95 clicks. 40% clicked "Nope" for an article; 60% clicked "Yep".)

Please advise. Thank you so much!

nickz
    10 years ago

Thank you for the prompt reply, Alok.

This is very helpful.

Since we cannot directly modify code in Lithium, I was hoping to use what was already available in Lithium and piece it together.

Do you have any pointers as to how we want can leverage existing components and achieve something that's fairly close to what we want?

Pretty much have a popup requesting feedback when users try to exit an article of a specific category (in our case, let's say it's tutorial-related articles).

Thank you for your help!

• nickz - There are some tools available like Qualaroo which provide the feedback features, you can implement this in your case. Some coding would be required to work it as per your requirement, i.e. the script should only execute when the user navigates away from your TKB article. You can further provide and pass the ID of your article to be saved in the feedback.

qualroo.PNG

I hope this helps.

nickz
      Guide

Thank you for the prompt reply, Alok.

This is very helpful.

Since we cannot directly modify code in Lithium, I was hoping to use what was already available in Lithium and piece it together.

Do you have any pointers as to how we want can leverage existing components and achieve something that's fairly close to what we want?

Pretty much have a popup requesting feedback when users try to exit an article of a specific category (in our case, let's say it's tutorial-related articles).

Thank you for your help!

jchen
      Boss

Hi VarunGrazitti , do you have any other tools you would recommend? I belong to the same community as Nick, and Qualaroo doesn't provide us with the ability to direct customers to other help options.