Forum Discussion

Inactive User
7 years ago

How does the VIEW ALL DRAFTS blog page get the drafts (if there's no way to get drafts in the API)?

I'm trying to show drafts by various authors to our blog manager, and it seems there's literally no way to do this ... however, since the Blog Dashboard itself has the option to SHOW ALL DRAFTS, there's obviously some way to do this, i.e,. https://community.XXX.com/t5/blogs/blogconsolepage/blog-id/xxx-blog/tab/drafts 

SO... how does that link do it, and how can I approximate that? It seems the only way to get the drafts is as the author, in the UI; so how can I do that via LiQL or the V1 API? The functionality obviously exists for that page to get it...

Think creatively please. I've seen many responses that say "it's not possible," but I'd like to hear imaginative workarounds. I've seen requests for this back to 2011 ... so... help a dev out, please. 

Thanks!

VikasB @VarunGrazitti Fellsteruk or ClaudiusH any of you have any insight?

Inactive User

AndrewF SuzieH ClaudiusH VikasB Can you folks give any input on this? 

I'm trying to create *some* form of blog manager board for our blog manager, who is frustrated by the lack of one OOTB. I know SMM offers this, so I'm hoping there is some hook I can use to get the same info. We don't need SMM, since we already use other tools for Social Media. All we'd like is a blog dashboard for the editor. 

However, as far as I can tell there's no ability to use LiQL to get draft status articles, especially if they're not your own. For example,

is_draft

is only available for Create and Update, not a Query (Read). 

When a post is in draft, it doesn't seem to be able to be accessed by LiQL, either. It just doesn't show up. For example, this returns no rows even though I just saved a post to draft with that author id:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE author.id = '30'

Returns:

{
      "status" : "success",
      "message" : "",
      "http_code" : 200,
      "data" : {
        "type" : "messages",
        "list_item_type" : "message",
        "size" : 0,
        "items" : [ ]
      },
      "metadata" : { }
    }

However, if I switch to the user (id=30) and look for the post id in the Canonical Url field, I can get the post ID, and when I search for that with LiQL, it returns the record. 

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE id = '7833'

Returns 1 record (leaving out results for sake of space)

Maybe I can set up a subscription for whenever a post is created and get the message.id from that? However, those instructions are fairly confusing. And where would I store the list of new posts? Can I set up a server-side array? 

Whatever the method to get there:

How can I use LiQL to generate ANY approximation of a manager board for our blog manager where I can display other authors' draft articles so she can review them before publishing happens? 

I'm stuck and can't find anything to truly help solve this on the boards or documentation. 

Happy to use API v1 or v2, hacks, pretzel logic, sorcery, or anything else. I'm asking you guys to think out of the box, please.  

I know it likely "can't be done" using normal means. Please offer suggestions of how I might make it happen. For example, how does the VIEW ALL DRAFTS get the drafts? Thanks!

SuzieH
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Inactive User, let me know if this approach might work for you.

Try the Community API v1 call for topics/recent. It supports returning messages that are in draft state. The call (using session key authentication) would be:

/restapi/vc/boards/id/<board-id>/topics/recent?visibility.scope=draft&restapi.session_key=<auth-token>

Note that only permissible users are able to see drafts as configured in user permissions for the given node. Furthermore, this will only work for drafts in Blogs and TKBs which are different than the autosave messages available on other interaction styles. 

This REST API endpoint supports the following query parameters and possible values: 

• moderation.scope
        • approved
        • rejected
        • unmoderated
        • marked_undecided
        • marked_approved
        • marked_rejected
        • all_unmoderated
        • mod_private
        • approved_and_all_unmoderated
        • level2_unmoderated
        • moderation_with_reason_code
      • visibility.scope
        • public
        • public_moderateable
        • draft
        • on_hold
        • rejected
        • unmoderated
        • marked_undecided
        • marked_approved
        • marked_rejected
        • deleted
        • disabled
        • personal
        • friends_only
        • public_and_draft
        • private
        • not_deleted
        • all
        • none
        • public_and_unmoderated
        • all_moderated
        • mod_private
        • published
      • revision.state
        • any
      • show_hidden
        • true
        • false

Inactive User

Thanks SuzieH I'll look into this. 

I don't see permissions for viewing or editing drafts in Blogs, only Knowledge Base articles. 

Can admins see the drafts of authors in the blogs? I haven't been able to make this happen so far. 

• Hey, 

Sadly i may not be much use... This is also a frustration that i have however ive not got to the volume of blogging that its a big issue, one of the things my dev suggested but didnt actually give a technical solution was a custom page they could build to surface everything, sadly the blog and TKB workflow are not amazing but ClaudiusH may have some thoughts... 

Sorry