Forum Discussion

lfl1001
Contributor
9 years ago

How many Lithium data export options i can choose

Hi, I'm newbie of lithium. I'm currently evaluating the platform and we have requireme of pull the forum data to 3rd party tools for custom analytics. I want to know which method Lithium can provide to customer about getting data from their nodes. I know the Community/Bulkdata API can be the options. Is there any other way to do that as well?

Thanks Fenglin

AdamN
      Khoros Oracle

Hi lfl1001,

There are three different APIs you can use to pull data from the community:

1. Community API v1 - Our original API which has a huge number of calls for almost every aspect of the community.
      2. Community API v2 - Our newer API which features the ability to search using LIQL (Lithium Query Language).
      3. Bulk API - Allows you to obtain a log of the various events and actions that have occurred in the community.

You might also be interested in reviewing details about implementing a federated search strategy. Although it's not the exact same use case, there will be a lot of similarities in how you obtain the data, and crawling is another option for doing so:

http://community.lithium.com/t5/Developers-Knowledge-Base/Implementing-a-federated-search-strategy/ta-p/7269 

I hope this helps!

lfl1001
        Contributor
        Thank you Adam. The link you provide about the federated search strategy is invalid. I tired to search the keyword but can't find any related topic in lithium.com. Could you please send it again?