Forum Discussion

jaikumar1
Mentor
7 years ago

How to alter Mobile header component

Hi,

I am looking into alter the "Mobile Header" component of my mobile v1 community version.

In the component, i need to add "Register" link, and also i need to add the Private Message link even if there is no new message received, and the component used in Mobile layout. So please guide me on this.

• jaikumar1-  There is no OOTB component for only register link, However, You can use  <component id="common.widget.user-navigation"/> and hide the extra links using CSS.

For private message you can use below component.
        <component id="notes.widget.summary"/>

It will appear, even if you don't have new message.

• jaikumar1- There is separate quilt for Mobile Header which is editable. You can add custom register link and you also can use OOTB component for register link.  For private message you can use notes.widget.summary OOTB component.

Here is a path of the Mobile Header Quilt https://yourcommunitystagingurl/t5/bizapps/bizappspage/tab/community%3Astudio%3Apage-editor?page=MobileHeader

jaikumar1
      Mentor

Hi TariqHussain,

Thank you for your response, and it's very useful to me. As i get into the Mobile Header quilt page, and I have few doubts,

<add to="user-nav">
        <component id="users.action.login"/>
        <component id="user.link.my-discussions"/>
        <component id="notes.link.private-notes"/>
      </add>

From the section, user.action.login may provide the Sign-In link in mobile view, and here i want to add Register link. So is there any specific id we can use to display the Register link?

Also for the private message, the link getting display when we have new message, and Private Message link not getting display when we don't have new message. The notes.link.private-notes may doing the action. So how can we achieve in both the scenario?   

TariqHussain
        Boss

jaikumar1-  There is no OOTB component for only register link, However, You can use  <component id="common.widget.user-navigation"/> and hide the extra links using CSS.

For private message you can use below component.
            <component id="notes.widget.summary"/>

It will appear, even if you don't have new message.