Forum Discussion

xorrkaz
Genius
12 years ago

How to create an Idea Exchange using REST?

We need to programmatically spin up idea exchanges.  While I can create a new board and set its interaction.style setting to "idea" this doesn't work as expected.  The object is still a forum board, and trying to click on it results in a redirection loop.

How can we create idea exchanges programmatically?  Thanks.

Edit: Some more details.  The navigator and admin interfaces still think the board is a forum.  However, if I manually change the URL from /bd-p/foo to /idb-p/foo, this works.  I see the board as an Idea Exchange.  How can we get it so the admin interface and the navigator tree see this object as an Idea Exchange as opposed to a forum?

• Hey xorrkaz,

Instead of creating a new board and changing the interaction style you should be able to create an idea directly.

The call should look something like this:

/restapi/vc/categories/id/support/nodes/type/key/idea/add?idea.id=testidea&idea.title=IDEAS%20TITLE

Hope this helps,

Yuri

YuriK
    Khoros Expert

Hey xorrkaz,

Instead of creating a new board and changing the interaction style you should be able to create an idea directly.

The call should look something like this:

/restapi/vc/categories/id/support/nodes/type/key/idea/add?idea.id=testidea&idea.title=IDEAS%20TITLE

Hope this helps,

Yuri

xorrkaz
      Genius

Wow.  Thanks.  No where is this documented.  Are you sure that's the REST node?  Off of the GenericNode class I don't see a "type" branch.

xorrkaz
        Genius

Just tested this.  It does not work:

Array
        (
            [response] => Array
                (
                    [status] => error
                    [error] => Array
                        (
                            [code] => 501
                            [message] =>
              Unknown path element at node 'category.nodes.type'.

)

)

)
        ERROR: Error response from server: 1

• No reply? Is this too easy to reply to, impossibly to do or just missed by the people who would know?