Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to create and remove custom profile fields

I want to prune a lot of the fields in the Personal Profile section of my community and add certain fields.  For example, in the image below i'd like to remove ICQ number and replace it with something like LinkedIn Profile. It seems possible as I've seen other sites who have Lithium do it like Sephora's Beauty Talk. Any pointers?

Example-RemoveField.jpg

• Hi Heather,

Making these kinds of changes are currently possible through a Professional Services engagement. We are working on a way to make these kinds of changes via Lithium Studio, but don't have a release date for that yet.
    DougS
    Khoros Oracle
    Hi Heather,

Making these kinds of changes are currently possible through a Professional Services engagement. We are working on a way to make these kinds of changes via Lithium Studio, but don't have a release date for that yet.
      Al
      Mentor

Doug, is there any update on this feature request from a 2013 roadmap perspective?

Thanks,

Al

kc
      Ace

Ideally, if we can use a rest call to create on the fly for each user, that would be great.

e.g.
      restapi/vc/users/login/kc/profiles/name/awesomeness/create

Or performing a set for any profile field not yet existed will auto-create the field.