Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
6 years ago

How to download all skins in Studio into SDK

In order to set up our local skin development environment, we need all the skins that exist in Studio to be downloaded into the SDK.

Our custom skin depends on a skin called "Support Theme" that a Khoros support member created, which depends on responsive skins. Setting up the local skin dev complains that our skin does not depend on a responsive skin, because it doesn't have all the skins downloaded to view.

How can we download all the skins that exist in Studio into our SDK? We have tried:

• li export-studio-plugin
  • li export-studio-plugin --points "skin" --force
  • li create-skin --clearCore

And none of these appear to work.

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Lindsey I believe this is a bug in the SDK. It looks like we didn't account for themes when Services added support for those skins.  

Lindsey
      Leader

So is there anything I can do to work around this? Our skin is built off of the Support Theme skin so I'm not sure how much work it would be to have it depend on an entirely new skin. Do you know if there is any work being done to add support for theme skins?

SuzieH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Lindsey I was just coming back to update my original response. I've checked with Engineering and we don't see a workaround. I'm filing a bug report for this now. Considering that we don't have a solution for you, I will be bugging the product manager to prioritize this. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.