Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How to enable the labels option in Q&A activecast component

Hi All,

we had created a Q&A active cast component in our community. we are unable to post using Q&A active cast component, because the community has mandatory labels for all boards. we are unable to see the labels component in Q&A active cast component. Is there any way to enable the labels option in Q&A activecast component.

Thanks,

Ravindra.

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

Hi Ravindra,

It looks like the Q&A Activecast component does not render the labels field by default, so if you point it at a Q&A that has labels required you won't be able to post to it. Feel free to file a support case for this, as this does seem like a bug in the product. There are a few workarounds I can suggest:

1. Don't point it at a Q&A board that requires labels (I'm guessing you have already considered this and do not want to do this)
    2. Use the "Ask a Question" Activecast component instead. This component redirects you to the standard post page, which has the label editor on it, when you go to post a question.
    3. If you file a support case, support may be able to add the labels field to the form for you.

I hope that helps!

-Doug