Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How to get only Messages where some specific custom field have value?

Hi Team,

I have a custom field added by Khoros in the messages object, I want to get only Messages where that specific custom field has value.

Sample query:
select c_abcd from messages where c_abcd!=""

I don't want to get all messages and then in the loop filter the messages which don't have any value.

Is there any direct API or solution to get the messages where the c_abcd custom field has some value?

Any related replies would be appreciated.

Regards
Aman

• The exact query that you shared should work, basically c_abcd!="" would return all the messages with some value populated in this field. If possible you can also add certain Sort and Limit to structure the response. 

Akenefick
      Genius

I tried this out and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Our community has a country custom field.

Here I used c_country!="" as a constraint and got back users with no value for c_country.

Then I tried using a specific country as a constraint.

It seems like this should work but apparently you can't use custom fields as LiQL constraints.

AmanMalhotra
        Expert

Hi Akenefick ,

Thank you for all the investigation you have done, similarly, it is not working for me and I am looking if there's any trick to make it work.

AmanMalhotra
      Expert

akshays I hope it worked but it is not working as of now, maybe it needs to be configured from khoros end and they say it is PS work and will involve money.

• AmanMalhotra tried match? My engineer said best he thinks best Khoros can do is this:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE c_abcd MATCHES 'banana'

• Hi isxtn,

Custom fields cannot be used as a collection in queries, I hope you are aware of the Lithium LIQL syntaxes.
    I am able to get the custom fields but I have a requirement to only get the messages where a custom field has some value.

Thank you for your reply.

• My engineer is out for a few more days, but I can try to look through a few components on our side if you haven't figured this out yet, we have a bunch of custom attributes so I am guessing we have this figured out somewhere in the code.

My non-engineering brain, I wrote this up long ago about SAML & custom attributes, it help at all? It's been a minute, but I know it drove me crazy how the same attribute would be called differently depending on what you are doing https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Using-SSO-Single-Sign-on-with-SAML-assertion-with-Custom-profile/m-p/628902#M11326

• Hi StanGromer ,

I tried match but it is giving response size 0

Also, I just want the messages where c_abcd has some value and I think matches will not solve the requirement.

Please let me know if there are any other solutions I can try.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Does it work if you just query c_country like this? Do you get any response? 

SELECT * FROM c_country 

You should be able to query custom fields. If you are not, it may be a misconfiguration on the part of Khoros and they should check it again on a support ticket to see what's going on. 

• Have you tried 

SELECT id, body, subject FROM messages WHERE c_country !=''