Forum Discussion

erickwang
Contributor
6 years ago

How to get the total number of many kinds of views for a unique user? IE. Topic View...

How can I get the total topic number and total reply number for a unique user?

May I get help from some one that how can I get the numbers of some kinds of views for a unique user? I want to get the total numbers of Board View, Topic View, Accepted Solution View, Article View, Idea View, Blog Read and Comment.

Could you provide the logic and which APIs could I use to get those numbers?

• rosdyana these are the default metrics returned, there are 1000's of metrics keys, but if you want specific ones you have to query them explicitly:

SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id IN('net_accepted_solutions', 'net_idea_threads', 'net_kudos_events_given', 'net_kudos_events_received', 'net_overall_posts', 'net_overall_replies', 'net_overall_threads') AND user.id = '<userid>'

you might wanna look at this post of mine https://community.khoros.com/t5/Developer-Discussion/Community-Metrics-Keys-List/m-p/745218 where I posted all metrics keys from different sources that I could find...

• Does anyone know if the latest API provides those numbers?

I tried using the v2 user endpoint, in the metric section only gives me something like this.

"metrics": {
                "type": "user_metrics",
                "logins": 15,
                "minutes_online": 5,
                "posts": 2527,
                "private_messages_received": 4,
                "private_messages_sent": 0,
                "page_views": 64,
                "messages_read": 1
            },

There are no Total Solutions Marked Accepted, the topic started number, and replies number. They combined it into "posts".

• erickwang 
    For topic count 

SELECT count(*) FROM messages where author.id = '7' and depth = 0

For reply count

SELECT count(*) FROM messages where author.id = '7' and depth > 0

But unfortunately, there is no API to get the view count for a specific user. 

erickwang
      Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. If we don't get the view count for a specific user, can we get the total number of Board View, Topic View, Accepted Solution View, Article View, Idea View, Blog Read and Comment for all the user? 

VikasB
        Boss

erickwang 

For board/blogs/idea view count

SELECT views FROM boards where id = 'B1'

Read count for all messages 

community.lithium.com/community-name/restapi/vc/boards/id/[id]/messages/read/count

Messages/article view count

communtiy.lithium.com/community-name/restapi/vc/messages/id/[id]/views/count

read count

community.lithium.com/community-name/restapi/vc/threads/id/[id]/messages/read/count

Hope these APIs will help you.