Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How to pull custom content into emails?

Hi,

I saw in other threads that this is a possibility and by looking at methods and properties that go with emails, it should be, but I cannot seem to make it work.

I tried using this ${community.settings.name.get("customcontent.3_text") and probably over 100 different variations, none worked.

How to do this?

p.s. I hope custom content would render properly by clicking "Send email to self" because that's what I did. 

• Hi djondinium,

community.settings.name.get won't work because that's a freemarker object; email templates use velocity, and there are different objects available for each email template, which is what the methods/properties in the studio are showing.

Looking at the @mention email template documentation (in-studio), it looks like 
    ${notification.message.board.settings.name.get("settingName")} might work.

• Hi djondinium,

community.settings.name.get won't work because that's a freemarker object; email templates use velocity, and there are different objects available for each email template, which is what the methods/properties in the studio are showing.

Looking at the @mention email template documentation (in-studio), it looks like 
    ${notification.message.board.settings.name.get("settingName")} might work.

cblown
      Boss

Ok that's new??? Hmmm have to check that works.. 

SyedSa

Sure thing!! Please check it out and let me know if everything is working as expected or if there are any issues.