Forum Discussion

xorrkaz
Genius
14 years ago

How to remove the social bookmarks widget from TKB articles?

I would like to get rid of the social bookmarks widget that is seen at the end of TKB articles.  It's the Bookmark & Share thing.  How can I do this?  I didn't see an admin setting (other than doing this at the blog level).  Thanks.

• Hi There,

You may want to open a case and see if the team here can remove it for you. You can also ask them to create an enhancement request internally to expose the toggle at the TKB level just as it exists at the Blog level (if there isn't one already).

• If you have acess to Studio and want to disable the AddThis Module everywhere, try this.

Login to Studio, use The Page Type drop down on the left and select the following:

• For TKB, Edit the “TKB Message” page and remove the component called "bookmarks".
    • For Blogs, Edit the "Blog Message" page and remove the same "bookmarks" component.

Here is a screenshot of the dropdown:

page type dropdown.png

Don't forget to save your changes, preview the site to make sure you like the changes and when your ready, Queue your changes for your production environment. 

Credit for this tip goes to Adam Nicols, Lithium PM extraordinaire.

• If you have acess to Studio and want to disable the AddThis Module everywhere, try this.

Login to Studio, use The Page Type drop down on the left and select the following:

• For TKB, Edit the “TKB Message” page and remove the component called "bookmarks".
    • For Blogs, Edit the "Blog Message" page and remove the same "bookmarks" component.

Here is a screenshot of the dropdown:

page type dropdown.png

Don't forget to save your changes, preview the site to make sure you like the changes and when your ready, Queue your changes for your production environment. 

Credit for this tip goes to Adam Nicols, Lithium PM extraordinaire.

BrianO
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi There,

You may want to open a case and see if the team here can remove it for you. You can also ask them to create an enhancement request internally to expose the toggle at the TKB level just as it exists at the Blog level (if there isn't one already).