Forum Discussion

akashm
Mentor
3 years ago

How to set predefined-only while creating GroupHub

So, I am in an interesting scenario:

• I want to create a Group Hub --> Easy enough to create using the REST API Endpoints
  • I want to have Forum + Calendar + TKB created within the Group Hub --> Same as above
  • I want to make sure that the Boards under the Group Hub have `predefined-only` labels when creating topics on the boards. --> This seems not possible

What I tried doing was I tried using the Update Board API to enforce `allowed_labels` to `predefined-only` only to see that the API does not allow this change on Update.

So, my question is how do I set `predefined-only` for the boards under GroupHubs?

• I did a little bit of testing, and I was able to set this setting using API v1 on an individual Idea Exchange within the Group Hub:

GET /restapi/vc/boards/id/xxx/settings/name/label.allowed_labels
    * Returned "freeform-only"

POST /restapi/vc/boards/id/xxx/settings/name/label.allowed_labels/set
    * value=predefined-only

* Returned "predefined-only"

After doing this, I did see the labels being enforced in the "New Idea" flow. I was not able to work with the group hub itself in API v1, and I did not get a chance to try API v2, but I assume that it would work in the same way.

Let me know how that goes!

NarendraG
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

akashm you are right, it is a limitation we do not allow board level settings to be administered while creating a GroupHub.

However, as a work around you could use what AndrewF  has suggested or go to manage the internal individual board in admin portal --> Features --> Labels Settings and change it for now.

We will try to internalise this suggestion.

AndrewF
    Khoros Oracle

Hi Akash, the key for this setting should be label.allowed_labels — does this prefixed key work when using the API?

akashm
      Mentor

hey AndrewF ,

from what I can tell, this setting is not allowed for `Group Hubs` creation.

It's allowed when I create a Forum (or any other board for that matter), but not Group Hub specifically

AndrewF
        Khoros Oracle

I did a little bit of testing, and I was able to set this setting using API v1 on an individual Idea Exchange within the Group Hub:

* Returned "freeform-only"

POST /restapi/vc/boards/id/xxx/settings/name/label.allowed_labels/set
        * value=predefined-only

* Returned "predefined-only"

After doing this, I did see the labels being enforced in the "New Idea" flow. I was not able to work with the group hub itself in API v1, and I did not get a chance to try API v2, but I assume that it would work in the same way.

Let me know how that goes!