Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How to use community.widget.active-cast-featured-topics

Hello,

I want to use the component community.widget.active-cast-featured-topics on the homepage of my community which is a category page. 

When I go in admin > content > activecast > featured topics, I can then choose my category, the number of topics I want etc. and the admin generates a script like this one : 

<script type="text/javascript" id="lia-ac-ft-english" src="https://XXXXX.stage.lithium.com/t5/activecast/featuredthreadspage?activecast.parent_element_id=lia-ac-ft-english&activecast.sort_direction=descending&profile.language=en"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
LITHIUM.ActiveCast.getFeaturedThreads('english', {
"parentElementId" : "lia-ac-ft-english",
"numSubjectWords" : 100,
"lookupThreadBy" : "CATEGORY",
"displayNodeTitle" : true,
"maxNumberOfMessages" : 5,
"numBodyWords" : 100,
"displayNodeLabel" : true
});
</script>

I have 2 problems with this component :

1. When I go to the Studio and add the component community.widget.active-cast-featured-topics on my category page, I have an error message which is displayed. 

2. I don't know where to put this script so that I can use it in a component on my homepage. 

Would anybody know anything about this  component to help me please? Thanks a lot. 

Julien. 

• jpierlot - You have to create a new custom component(Go to Studio -> Component -> New Component) and then add the activeCast script there. Now, include this component to the Category Page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Payal

Payal
    7 years ago

matthieul - Have you set the permission for "Make REST API calls with read access" to Grant? This permission is also required to access the content externally.

After these settings, generate the script and then try.

Thanks,

Payal

• jpierlot - You have to create a new custom component(Go to Studio -> Component -> New Component) and then add the activeCast script there. Now, include this component to the Category Page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Payal