Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How to use Khoros API to upload articles on the company's community site

Hi all,

I am new to Khoros environment and I would like your help as to where and how to start. Fortinet has a community site where we upload manually certain articles and now we need to automate it by using the API. I am not sure where to start. I see API Permission, Authentication, etc.. How can use the API to upload an article (MS Word DOCX) under my company's community site?

I am interested in uploading the articles under the Knowledge Base menu.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Nikos

• Hi cblown,

Thank you for your reply.

I will check each of the cases you mentioned to figure out which one is more suitable for me. I might have some more questions afterwards.

Take care,

Nikos

nzacharakis
      Helper

Hi cblown,

I went through the links and their relevant documentation you sent me.

Basically I have a Word document (docx) that I need to POST to the specific company community. The stuff I was going through talk about JSON files.

I also googled "how to" perform my case using Python script and I cam across this link https://khoros.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ .

Unfortunately so far I could not get a clear picture as to how to use the API to "upload/POST" a Word document. Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance,

Nikos

Akenefick
        Genius

I don't think there is a way to directly post a word document (unless it is an attachment, but I don't think that's what you want). I think you would need to first convert that doc to html and then you could use the community API to create a post with that html as the body with this Create message (khoros.com)

I don't know much about it, but it looks like there are python libraries you can use to go from a word doc to html if python is what you are using.