Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Include the ask question button inside the search bar

Hello,

I would like to know, how can I include the "Ask question" button inside the search bar and also how can organize my search results depends of the kind content that i have. Like lithosphere done.

Hope you can help me !
 Thanks!!!

• The ask a question button is a customization of the default search component. On the "organizing search results based on content" you have to elaborate a bit more what you mean by that.

• Hello luk

I´m looking to change my actual bar of search, you can see that on www.comunidad.claro.com.pe

I show you how my community looks and how i would like to transform.

Search bar nowWe want thisDo you have any suggestion of how can we do the change?

luk
        Boss

CynthiaSu21 It involves a bit of FreeMarker and JavaScript coding, but if you are familiar with this, this should be pretty easy. The way I would suggest is use the @override functionality for default FreeMarker components, override the search component and add the button HTML afterwards, then you need to style it with CSS. I would suggest to initially hide the button and then move it into the autocomplete container(s) (careful, there are 4 of them!) with jQuery and afterwards show remove the hidden class.