Forum Discussion

lilim
Boss
9 years ago

Inherited components in responsive skin wrapper

We use two different skins in our community, and when viewing one of the skin's wrappers I see that the Page Header/Footer and Page Hitbox Content are being inherited from the other skin. However, the Page Head Bottom Content is not being inherited from the main skin. I'm told that this is where a lot of the work is done when the dev team is working on the wrapper, so it would be great to not have to just have to update one skin.

Is there any way to do that -- to inherit the Page Head Bottom Content from another skin? Is there any documentation on how this is done?

Thanks!

• If you go to the Properties Tab you will see a field "Based on" which tells you what is the parent skin. I think  what you want to do is hit Use Default button under Page Head Bottom - that should delete the one you have in this particular skin and use the parent's instead.

lilim
      Boss

There is content within the Page Head Bottom area, but updating it from our main skin does not update the secondary skin. All of the other wrapper components I mentioned have the note "This component does not exist in this skin, it is being inherited" whereas Page Head Bottom does not state this.

KaelaC
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

That probably means that your child skin has a "Page Header Bottom" set and is blocking the inheritance. In Studio, do you have anything in Page Header Bottom?