Forum Discussion

micha80
Expert
7 years ago

Is it possible to create a notification via REST API?

Hi,

we created a cronjob which moves older posts to another board. Is it possible to send a notification to all users with the moderator role when a post has been moved?

If not, is there another way to inform the moderators which posts has been moved?

Thanks in advance

• micha80 - There is no way to create a custom notification when you trigger the CronJob, however, as a workaround, you could actually send a private message using this API to the moderators. Since you send this, you could control the subject, body and the recipients and it should solve the purpose. 

I hope this helps.

• micha80 - There is no way to create a custom notification when you trigger the CronJob, however, as a workaround, you could actually send a private message using this API to the moderators. Since you send this, you could control the subject, body and the recipients and it should solve the purpose. 

I hope this helps.

• Hi micha80

I don't believe it's possible to set up a notification in the way you may be suggesting. You could create a feed or view for moderators of posts that have been moved if they are being moved to one particular board as part of this process.

You could call the API for that node and return the recent posts/topics that have been moved to the board and display this for the moderators.

With the API call you'd have a little more flexibility on the presentation of the information to the moderators as well and it keeps that in one place that they all can refer to.

Do you have any particular requirements on what information the Moderators receive when the posts are moved?