Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
5 years ago

Is there a way in Admin or programmatically to force only specific forums to be threaded view?

Threaded view or linear view can either be changed per user in their settings, or changed across the entire community in Admin, despite user settings.

Is there a way to force specific boards to be threaded view only, while other boards will depend on user settings? 

Is this either something that can be done in Admin, or done programmatically, for example can I pass in any sort of parameter into a component like "reply-list" that would force it to be threaded layout if the core node was on the list of desired boards?

Thanks!

Lindsey
    5 years ago

We actually figured this out. In Admin > Discussion Styles there is a setting for linear format: sort order. You can "manage" different categories or boards in the top left, and change their default sort order for each one.

StanGromer
      Boss

When we around to revamping our user profile/settings, I plan to rip that option out entirely so that users simply can not change it. Not sure if that is a real solution, but it's the best I could figure out myself.

Lindsey
        Leader

We actually figured this out. In Admin > Discussion Styles there is a setting for linear format: sort order. You can "manage" different categories or boards in the top left, and change their default sort order for each one.