Forum Discussion

MarcosR
Khoros Staff
6 years ago

Is there some support for push notifications?

Hello,

I have been reading the developer documentation
But I did not find any info about push notifications.
Just wondering if LIA backend have some useful endpoints to use from mobile development

I will appreciate any info, thanks

• Hi MarcosR ,

as far as i know, there are no endpoints for push notifications and the system is not delivering any push notification.

If Lithium Product will not implement this kind of feature, the only way i can see is the following:

1. look for a vendor for push notification

2. hook into the notificationEvents to trigger push notification via your vendor, e.g. https://community.khoros.com/t5/Developer-Documentation/bd-p/dev-doc-portal?section=commv1&branch=EventSubscription

STARFLEET
        Expert

HI MarcosR ,

unfortunately i am not able to open the provided link ( maybe this is a Lithium restricted repo ), but when i am looking into the rep name (mpushy) it seems that this is a repo for push delivery via pushy ( external push provider). That is what i meant in my previous post:

1. look for a vendor of push notification --> here it seems to be pushy

2. try to hook into the notificationEvents ( which shoud be the main challenge here)

From my perspective it is the only realistic way without the need of Lithium Product Development in case the eventNotification path is working and fitting to ypur requirements.

MyTestSnippet{
         console.log("Test");
        }