Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Khoros Care API to add users or update user roles

Hi All,

I’m looking for assistance with the Khoros Care API, specifically regarding how to add users and update their roles. If anyone has experience with this, could you please share the steps or provide any examples of API calls?

I’ve reviewed the API documentation, but I only found information related to Care API Reporting and Community APIs.

Any assistance with where to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

• SheetalKthank you for the feedback. We’re requesting an API for adding and updating users to help streamline our IT processes. Currently, adding multiple users at once can be quite cumbersome without this functionality. Furthermore, we are integrating with a workforce management tool that would allow the IT team to manage user onboarding and offboarding more efficiently.

SheetalK
      Khoros Oracle

kevinmujuru77 appreciate the clarification. Unfortunately, we do not provide any user management APis at this time. The recommended approach, especially if you are integrating with WFM tool, is to consider setting up SSO which will then allow you to do the user management, including ensuring that accounts are properly disabled if a user is no longer authorized for access.

SheetalK
    Khoros Oracle

kevinmujuru77 Currently, we do not have a public API for adding (or updating) users. Our SAML-based SSO authentication flow is designed to create and update users based on information from the IdP as part of the login process. Can you provide some more context into your use case for creating and updating users via API?