Forum Discussion

luk
Boss
10 years ago

Labels widget doesn't show anything on CommunityPage

Probably I'm doing something wrong or miss something completely, but I have problems getting the labels.widget.labels-list studio component to display something on the community page, thought that may have to do with the scope of the page where the widget is displayed, e.g. it has to be a blog, forum, idea page etc., but the Studio Components PDF says about this compoenent:

"Displays a list of labels and the number of posts that use that label scoped to the blog, forum TKB, idea exchange, Q&A,
or contest being viewed. Clicking on a label displays the associated post page (for example, the TKB Article Page) filtered
to show only posts with the selected label.

Use this component on the Community Page, category pages, and pages relating to blogs, forums, TKBs, ideas, Q&As,
and contests"

And: On a forum page for example, the same widget shows the appropriate labels that are attached to forum posts...

So my question would be if that is maybe a bug or if I have to consider something else to make this work?

Thanks for any advice!

• Hi luk - hit this API and check if it returns anything or not, /restapi/vc/labels

If it doesn't it means you don't have any labels at the community level, hence the widget is not showing up. Moreover, does this show labels when you add this widget to internal pages?

luk
      Boss
      I checked that API call and get back 12 labels, as they are distributed over the content of the community, so there would definitely be data to display, also tried to go back from the custom community page to the default one with the labels component on it, but doesn't help...and yes, as I wrote, on sub level pages (e.g. ForumPage etc.) the labels show correctly...
        luk
        Boss

Bump

Nobody has that same issue??

What happens if you guys put the labels component on a CommunityPage, does it work?

Thanks for any feedback!