Forum Discussion

8 years ago

LIQL queries and white spaces in freemarker

If I'm in the Studio option and go to the API call (LIQL) i can create a query such as:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE labels.text = "Hello World"

This would return results correctly. But if i were to use

<#assign x= rest("2.0b","/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE labels.text = "Hello World"?url) />

It would show empty results. I'm assuming this is because the URL renders %20 for the whitespace. Is there anyway to work around this?

Thanks

• Hi dchou,

I made a slight tweak to your freemarker LiQL call and it worked for me on the site I tested on:

<#assign x = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE labels.text = 'Hello World'"?url) />

The Query should get URL decoded before it's run, so the url-encoded space should be ok.

Let me know if that changed query works for you or not.

-Doug

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

Hi dchou,

I made a slight tweak to your freemarker LiQL call and it worked for me on the site I tested on:

<#assign x = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE labels.text = 'Hello World'"?url) />

The Query should get URL decoded before it's run, so the url-encoded space should be ok.

Let me know if that changed query works for you or not.

-Doug

dchou
      Ace

Thanks, I realized later that the i had to decode the %20 and replace it with a space and rerun the query.