Forum Discussion

12 years ago

LITHIUM.jQuery perform code with 2 seconds lag

Hi all, I have a problem with LITHIUM.jQuery. I want to slightly modify standard Litihum breadcrumbs by using javascript. I created special custom component in Litihum Studio for that. Here is th...
    12 years ago

You could wrap the breadcrumb in a div that is hidden (display:none) and then have your javascript un-hide the div after it has adjusted the breadcrumb.

Another approach you can take is to create a custom breadcrumb, using the freemarker objects we have for working with the breadcrumb (so all your logic is run server-side).  Here is information about the freemarker breadcrumb context objects we have:

MethodDescriptionExample
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs returns a list of breadcrumbs for the currently rendering page
    <#list page.content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs as crumb>
      <#-\- do something \-->

content.nav.breadcrumb.css returns the main css class name for the breadcrumb component
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb.css}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.separator returns the character that is used to separate breadcrumb items
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb.separator}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].text returns the localized text of an individual crumb
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].text}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].url returns the url to a page if an individual crumb is a link. This may return null, but you can check if it will be a link by calling the .link method
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].url}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].isLink returns true if the individual crumb is hyperlinked
    <#if page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].isLink>\\
      <#-\- do something \-->\\

content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].wrapperCss returns a css class for the li tag around an individual crumb. Will always return a string (never null, but possibly empty)
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].wrapperCss}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].css returns a css class for an individual crumb. Will always return a string (never null, but possibly empty)
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].css}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].separatorCss returns a css class for the separator character of an individual crumb. Will always return a string (never null, but possibly empty)
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].separatorCss}
    content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs[i].type returns a breadcrumb item type that this individual crumb fits into. Possible return values are as follows (and a breadcrumb will render links in the order below, from top to bottom):
    1. community
    2. tkb (strange, special type b/c tkb breadcrumb links include a link to a main tkb page for the community)
    3. container_node
    4. leaf_node
    5. message
    6. pre_page_title
    7. page_title
    ${page.content.nav.breadcrumb[0].type}

Here is an example of putting all of the above context objects together into a custom breadcrumb:

<div class="${page.content.nav.breadcrumb.css}}">
      <ul>					
        <#list page.content.nav.breadcrumb.crumbs as crumb>
            <li class="${crumb.wrapperCss}">
              <#if crumb.link>
                <a href="${crumb.url}" class="${crumb.css}">${crumb.text}</a>
              <#else>
                <span>${crumb.text}</span>
              </#if>
            </li>
            <#if crumb_has_next>
              <li class="${crumb.separatorCss}">