Forum Discussion

Tasocahtfu
Contributor
10 years ago

Lithium SDK - Windows

Hi all,

Just a quick query - a user at my workplace has told us that support for Windows is being removed from the Lithium SDK, and as such he requires a Mac instead of a Windows-based PC?! I thought that was highly unlikely, but came on here looking anyway just in case, but can't see anything about it.

Is there any substance to this claim, or is this user just trying it on? ;)

Many thanks for any help!

• Hi Tasocahtfu -- The Lithium-Klout SDK is currently in beta which means that we're not quite finished with all its planned capabilities and features -- including Windows support.  For the beta, we are only supporting Mac and Linux, but when the product is "generally available" we will have support for Windows.  In the meantime, PaoloT's recommendation (use a VM) is a potential workaround.  

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Pinging JeffY for confirmation, as far as I am aware the SDK is currently supported on Linux and Mac. It doesn't mean that you cannot install it on a Windows based system, for example via a VM/Virtualization tool. Another option could be a dual boot system.

Hope this helps,

JeffY
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tasocahtfu -- The Lithium-Klout SDK is currently in beta which means that we're not quite finished with all its planned capabilities and features -- including Windows support.  For the beta, we are only supporting Mac and Linux, but when the product is "generally available" we will have support for Windows.  In the meantime, PaoloT's recommendation (use a VM) is a potential workaround.  

OlivierS
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Tasocahtfu I personally think you should get him a Mac :smileyvery-happy: But as PaoloT said, a workaround would be to use a virtual machine. You don't have to invest much. VirtualBox is great (own by Oracle) and free. Same as most Linux distributions ...

NicoB
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

bowenli I believe any version of Linux running NodeJS+ Bower + Gulp would work.

• Many thanks to all of you for your help, this really has been extremely useful! :smileyvery-happy: