Forum Discussion

phani
Advisor
9 years ago

Lithium SDK: unable to upload changes

Hi,

We are unable to upload changes performed in local SDK plugin repository. Following is the command which we used to upload.

command: li submit-plugin

Studio version showing Plugin checkin record. But we are not seeing the changes in component which we performed before upload in local SDK plugin repository.

Attached upload logs.

Community URL: https://italent.demo.lithium.com/

Your help could be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Phani

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi phani,

It looks like you perhaps exported the Studio plugin to the SDK plugin, but didn't clear the Studio plugin before you uploaded your local SDK changes. Files with the same name in the Studio plugin will always override versions in the SDK plugin.  

You have two options to clear the versions in Studio plugin. 

You can use li clear-studio-plugin at the command line with the specific plugin point flag:

li clear-studio-plugin --points asset, badge_icon  --force

If you're doing this, be sure that you have exported all files from the Studio plugin to the SDK plugin first. (I'm guessing you did this export already.)

Alternatively, if you have just a few specific asset and badge icons you want to override, you could delete those specifically from Studio using the Studio UI. This option works around the all-or-nothing nature of the li clear-studio-plugin command.

phani
      Advisor

Hi SuzieH,

Thanks for the clarification. 

I am trying to understand what exactly clear-studio-plugin command does? Could you please provide more clarity on following commands?

1. clear-plugin 

2. clear-studio-plugin 

Thanks & Regards,

Phani

SuzieH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi phani 

I meant to follow up with you on this earlier. I've added more information to the Developer Workflow section of the SDK documentation about clearing the studio and sdk plugins. It talks about From the SDK documentation, go to Learn > Developer Workflow and scroll to the Creating a Development Strategy section. (We're also working on getting deep linking working in the Developer Documentation Portal.)