Forum Discussion

SherryQ
Lithium Alumni (Retired)
14 years ago

Lithium Studio training is available

In case you're not aware, we've got a bunch of Flash-based tutorials that you can watch to learn both Studio Basic AND  Studio Advanced.  If you're interested or have comments about either of the series, just respond here or send a note to education@lithium.com. The videos live on https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Campus-Training/gh-p/campustraining, so I need to provide you a learning account to provide access, which I'm happy to do.  Oh, and they're free Smiley Happy

Enjoy...
Sherry

More details here...

203 – Lithium Studio Overview

Learn how easy it is to customize your Lithium community! The brief tutorial series (31 minutes in total) shows you the main features of the Lithium Studio add-in, a tool targeted to the Community manager and the community design team. You’ll learn how to customize page layouts and their contents (components or widgets). Then you’ll see how to upload assets like avatars, rank icons and other files that you want to reference in the community. You’ll also learn how to manage the versions that you create in Lithium Studio and request movement into your production site.

1)    Lithium Studio Overview (4:11)
2)    Lithium Environments (3:09)
3)    Configuring Pages (3:20)
4)    Creating Custom Content Components (3:18)
5)    Creating a Skin (6:04)
6)    Uploading Avatars (2:48)
7)    Uploading Rank Icons (2:10)
😎    Uploading Assets (2:17)
9)    Working with Versions (3:27)

213 – Studio Advanced

Studio Advanced provides web developers and designers with tools to customize the UI.  The course is appropriate for community managers who need to understand what’s possible and for web designers or web developers who are proficient in web design and development. The tutorial series (33 minutes in total) covers the main features in Studio Advanced.

You’ll learn how Lithium pages are designed using a grid system and how to create your own page layout.  You’ll learn what custom components offer and how to create them (you’ll see a few examples of components using Freemarker).  Studio Advanced also offers a way to associate a wrapper and CSS override file to each skin; you’ll learn how to add both wrappers and CSS to a custom skin. We’ll also show you how to change text displayed to users in standard messages and components using the text editor. Finally, we include a glossary of the design elements and a mapping of how they relate to one another. We don’t teach how to write code like CSS, Javascript, XML or Freemarker; if you are a designer or developer, you should already be familiar with that.

1)    Studio Advanced Overview (5:38)
2)    Creating Layouts (8:55)
3)    Creating Custom Components (7:19)
4)    Working with Advanced Skins (7:23)
5)    Working with the Text Editor (3:40)
6)    Glossary and Visual Mapping

IzabelaU
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sherry,

The link to lithium learning you provied here isnt working for me.  I'd love to see these :)

JoeH
      Khoros Staff

It looks like the original post includes the "," in the URL by accident.  Just remove that extra "," and the link should work.

SherryQ
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Yes, this is true ... I can't edit the message :)  

Also, if you'd like to see the videos, you can email me at education@lithium.com 

Sherry