Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Load more for Nodes Message List / Activity

Our community is on version 19.9 and we want to use Group Hubs. On the Group Hubs page we use the "Node Message List (Preview)" (ID: nodes.widget.activity) component which just shows 5 messages. When looking at the studio preview image there seems to be a "Load more" button at the bottom:
But I can't see that and also don't see any component parameters to configure.

1. Should this functionality to load more activity items in the Group Hub already be present in this preview version?
  2. Alternatively: re there any configuration options I can use to increase the message count?

Sending a bat signal to NickH 

• We do have a way to set the page size for the component. Please see below:

<component id="nodes.widget.activity" pageSize="10"/> 

Apologies for the delay on this. I thought I had answered this inquiry before, however, it was regarding the node avatar.

I hope this helps.

RayC
    Khoros Staff

We do have a way to set the page size for the component. Please see below:

<component id="nodes.widget.activity" pageSize="10"/> 

Apologies for the delay on this. I thought I had answered this inquiry before, however, it was regarding the node avatar.

I hope this helps.

TedV
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Claudius

If one of the comments answered your question, would you mind marking it as an accepted solution, please?

Thanks!

AmyS
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Claudius 

I believe it should be showing 10 entries at a time (there's no config to adjust it), though it could have been adjusted down just to keep the component from being very tall on first render. I'll confirm that.

The 'load more' should be present if there are more entries, and load in 10 more of them when invoked. 

Question: which node type are you placing the component on? (i.e group hub, category, community level). That info may help me track this down. Thanks!

Nevermind I see you stated it's on a group hub. I'll see if there was any bugs that were fixed recently with the behavior.

• We're using it on a group hub page which has Forum, Blog and Ideation in it with 17 content pieces across each. The activity widget correctly pulls the latest 5 items from across all three interaction styles.

I already checked the quilt's XML and it's just the parameterless component that gets added:

<component id="nodes.widget.activity"/>

I also checked the admin setting for "Linear Format: Topics per page" which is set to 30, so it couldn't pull the 5 items value from there either.  šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

AmyS
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Ah, those admin settings apply to other components (though I don't know which ones, exactly). I know it's confusing to see them there, we're looking into ways to clean up admin so it doesn't show settings that won't actually apply anywhere.

I've passed along the information to developers about your 'load more' not appearing, and I'll follow up here with any results. We did confirm that it's designed to show 5 on first load, and then the load more should bring in 10 at a time thereafter. 

• RayC Thank you for your answer, this was exactly what we tried to set up at the moment. There is still an issue with the "Load more" button, which is not appearing and would be incredibly useful in User Groups. Is there any way of displaying it or chances for the fix?

Creating a custom component for the displaying of User Group topics would be incredibly annoying, and we would love to avoid that as much as we can

• We're running into this issue as well (on category pages) where the "more" option doesn't appear. Is there an update on this? Is this a product bug AmyS ? 

AmyS
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

It was. We've put out a patch that should be rolling out to affected instances that have group hubs enabled, though I thought this had already happened. 

In any case, I'll request to extend the update during the upcoming maintenance window. It may not have been entirely group hub dependent.

AmyS
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

TreyWaddell  are you still seeing this behavior? I think you should have gotten the update.

TreyWaddell
        Director

Hi AmyS  - as of this evening, we now see the button/link. Thanks for the sorcery!