Forum Discussion

11 years ago

login through restapi

How to login through restapi

• When you authenticate through the REST API (as described in the REST API User Authentication page and the REST API sessions/login call doc page), the response of the /restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/login call will contain the REST API session key.  You want to include this session key as the value of the restapi.session_key parameter in subsequent REST API calls to make those calls as the user you authenticated as.

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

you may want to have a look at this page which explains the various methods to achieve this.

Thanks,

mayank
      Ace

How to include restapi.session_key with url so that i can login using session key

DougS
        Khoros Oracle

When you authenticate through the REST API (as described in the REST API User Authentication page and the REST API sessions/login call doc page), the response of the /restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/login call will contain the REST API session key.  You want to include this session key as the value of the restapi.session_key parameter in subsequent REST API calls to make those calls as the user you authenticated as.

• Where can I find the documentation for the login restapi??  I want to see all the successful responses and all error responses.  I want to create an object automatically from the response that the login restapi returns. Thanks for the help