Forum Discussion

sethmuss
Contributor
10 years ago

LSW: Intercepting messages pre distribution

I have really no idea where to get started; and this might not be the correct place to ask this question, if so forgive me.

I am wondering if there is a way to add a 'hook', 'plugin', 'aspect', whatever you want to call it, that will allow a program to check a message for a certain string before it is allowed to be published on social media. I've poked around through the documentation, but can't find anything that looks like it would work.

Does anyone have a recomendation on an API/etc to look at?

Thank you,

Seth

• Hey, 

Others may have another suggestion/comments but im not aware of any solution that does such a thing and you may be looking at something custom/bespoke to achieve this...

Just so i understand clearly... you want to filter out or in certain content matching certain keywords before pushing to social media such as "i guess" twitter and facebook? 

If so why not just not post it in the first place? or are you using something to pull, consolidate and push 3rd party content back out through your social channels? 

Also are you using LSW to push your content to said social media? 

Sorry for the 101 questions just keen to understand a little better and hopefully help :)

Regards 

sethmuss
      Contributor

"Just so i understand clearly... you want to filter out or in certain content matching certain keywords before pushing to social media such as "i guess" twitter and facebook? " Yes, exactly.

"If so why not just not post it in the first place?" We want to give agents the ability to push content through LSW (via that interface), but we want to be able to catch anything they say that is "negative." 

"Also are you using LSW to push your content to said social media?" Yes.

Thanks for the reply, and no problem on the questions. I know it's vague, we're new to all of this.

Thanks,
      Seth

HeatherS
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Maybe Fellsteruk is coming to the same conclusion as me. I haven't seen any plugins like this for other customers, but here's how our customers typically deal with this:

• All new agents are set into a LSW team where their posts all requre approval, either by another senior agent or by a supervisor. They "graduate" from that team once they've had some time to understand what is and is not appropriate to post.
        • Nearly all of our customers have a QA process for all agents. Either the supervisor has a formal process where they analyze a sample agent tweets and then provide feedback 1:1 with that agent to hone their messaging or they have a QA team dedicated to this proces. Either way, the agent is constantly reviewed and gets the opportunity to improve their response skills. 

Just some thoughts on how others handle this.