Forum Discussion

srinirad
Contributor
3 years ago

Mass User Data export

I am looking for a solution to periodically mass export user data into our Snowflake data warehouse.  Ideally we would like to replicate something similar to the Community Analytics member report in our warehouse so we can join our own application's user data.

I've inquired via the customer portal, and the support team has provided some links to documentation related to user data:

API v1

API v2

It looks like the data is available via the APIs mentioned in the documentation, but they do not seem to be designed for periodic mass exports (e.g. rate limits) as opposed to the Bulk Export API.  Our concern is that any solution that requires using the APIs as suggested in the documentation will be rather complex given the nature of the data, inevitably fail, and require significant maintenance.

I imagine other Khoros customers have similar needs and wondering how they solved this issue.  

Thank you!

cc: @ JasonG

• I'm trying to do the same, and stumbled upon this post.  Currently I have to generate a user report, download the CSV, and paste it into Excel.  (Excel is the "now" - Snowflake is a couple months in the future)

• hey abhab1501 - guess what?

We aren't the only ones. 🙂

☝️☝️☝️

srinirad - I now see you asked about this last Sept.
    Have you made any progress?