Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Migrating Mailing List or Distribution Group to Lithium Forum

I'm looking for advice on migrating a long standing Mailing List or Distribution Group to a Lithium Forum.

The reality is we have some people who either just don't want to interact with a Forum or who are on the road so much they need to use email. So I'd like to set something up, similar to how ListServ and NNTP groups were set up: Someone can either email the ListServ address and post a question to the configured Board, and if someone replies via email or via the web page, that posting goes out to the receipiants of ListServ group.

Has anyone set this up with Lithium? Something similar? Any "gotchas" to watch out for?

TreyW
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi ericnute, 

I'm not aware of any way this is possible out of the box.  I would suggest you reach out to our Professional Services team for a custom engagement.  I have also moved this post to Dev Nation for better exposure.  

DougS
      Khoros Oracle

We have reply-by-email functionality, which allows you to post a message via the mail protocal, but we do not have support for NNTP.  You could set up email subscriptions and then allow users to reply to posts by email.  If that doesn't get you what you want, then I would also recommend you reach out to Professional Services to discuss a custom engagement.