Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Migrating Posts & Users to SSO

We have a large group of external users who don't have SSO accounts set up yet (and we're a few months away).

Can we allow 50-200 of them to register now (non-SSO) then later on, port their posts & badges to their SSO account?

• keithkelly 

Yes, you can setup non SSO accounts for them as of now. But after a couple of months, you will be on same stage where we are today. 

I am working on a similar request below -  

If there is a way to combine/convert users in Khoros?

Example: User1 was a member (registered through Khoros Native Reg), after a month, they become Customers.

• Is there a way to covert their member account to a customer account? We use Customer Okta for authentication (OIDC)

• Is there a way to combine/merge their member account to a customer account? In this scenario, they have two usernames User1 and User2

In our case, we generate SSO id on our product and then redirect them on the community where he need to fill the username for new SSO profile. 
    As per my understanding, activity migration(Posts, badges, kudos etc) from old non SSO user to new SSO user is not easy. We are planning to assign this new SSO id to those non SSO profiles so that users can retain their contribution activity logs in the profile. 

• Depending on how you manage SSO migration, it might be possible to map the non-SSO users to their SSO ID programmatically. I believe that would be a Khoros PS request.

I'd suggest it's most likely, though, that you'll need to manually make the connection of users. It's not difficult, it's just somewhat time-consuming. Ideally, you can target those users via PM or email to let them know what to do if there's a mistake made.

• keithkelly 

Yes, you can setup non SSO accounts for them as of now. But after a couple of months, you will be on same stage where we are today. 

I am working on a similar request below -  

If there is a way to combine/convert users in Khoros?

Example: User1 was a member (registered through Khoros Native Reg), after a month, they become Customers.

• Is there a way to covert their member account to a customer account? We use Customer Okta for authentication (OIDC)

• Is there a way to combine/merge their member account to a customer account? In this scenario, they have two usernames User1 and User2

In our case, we generate SSO id on our product and then redirect them on the community where he need to fill the username for new SSO profile. 
    As per my understanding, activity migration(Posts, badges, kudos etc) from old non SSO user to new SSO user is not easy. We are planning to assign this new SSO id to those non SSO profiles so that users can retain their contribution activity logs in the profile.