Forum Discussion

prasath
Helper
6 months ago

Migration From Vanilla Forum to Khoros Community

Hi Team,

We are migrating from vanilla forum discussions to the Khoros community platform and need assistance with migrating essential data, including discussion and comment details.

The data we possess comprises
Discussion IDs,
Topic Names,
Discussion Bodies,
Creation Dates,
Comment IDs,
Comment Bodies, and Comment Insertion Dates.

We are seeking guidance on the recommended approach for migrating this data into Khoros. Could you please provide documentation, APIs, or scripts that would facilitate this migration process?

Note: All users associated with this data already have sso accounts established within the Khoros platform. 

• All of the documentation can be found here: https://developer.khoros.com/ - Khoros will need to grant you access though.  Is Khoros not handling the migration for you?  I would imagine they already have scripts on their end to do all this.

prasath
      Helper

Hi StanGromer Thanks for your response,
      Yes, Khoros will do migration for us before that I need clarification on the expected format for data submission. Specifically, we would like to confirm whether they prefer data in tables, CSV files, xlsx, or as S3 objects.
      Furthermore, it would be helpful if you could direct me to the specific section in the developer documentation.

StanGromer
        Boss

prasath Unfortunately you'll need to connect w/ your Khoros contact for that. There isn't any specific section to my knowledge for transferring over, but more that is just the entirety of their dev docs.