Forum Discussion

jaikumar1
Mentor
7 years ago

Mobile view

Hi,

I just need a help, and i'm facing issues like, while accessing the website in mobile, the mobile design not getting rendered, and i'm getting desktop view instead of mobile view.

In our community site, we have "View all" link in the "Latest topic" block. The URL is like /t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread. So when we click the link, respective clicked page is getting changed from mobile view into desktop view.

I recognize that, while access the site in mobile device in footer Version: Full | Mobile is displays. But in my issue page not showing this option in the bottom.

Could you please guide me,

1) The respective forums "View all" mobile layout not available, so that it i'm getting the desktop view?
2) If my assumption is correct, then how can we create page layout for this URL type?

peterlu
    7 years ago
    jaikumar1 if I remember correctly, for #1, movile v1 does not have a mobile quilt for recent posts page
    for #2 you probably don't want to go down the way of write your own component for the message list. The reason is this component is complicated and you need to consider different url patterns, eg. /board-id/xxx, /post-type/message etc. I remember there are so many combination of them. Using css/javascript to make the workaround may be easier.
  • jaikumar1 /t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread this recent post page is a lithium built-in page. Based on what you have described, it looks like you are using mobile v1 version of the community. mobile v1 does not support responsive for that recent post page. To solve it, it is better to upgrade your community to PEAK skin. Mobile v1 and v2 is considered not modern any more. BTW, the quilt or layout(in your term) of that page is called "Recent Posts Page". The out-of-box message list component is using <table>, I do not recommend rewriting that component. Maybe some CSS can help to style that table to make it responsive (this means you do not have plan to upgrade to PEAK yet).
      jaikumar1
      Mentor

Hi peterlu,

Thank you for the information which you have shared. I'm having few doubts,

1) As per my understanding mobile V1 providing 2 different layout for desktop and mobile. Based on the device the site get loading respective mobile or desktop pages. Because except this forum list page other pages are displaying based on the device.

2) If suppose to rewrite the component again, then guide me where i can get this existing component to rewrite it for mobile device?

peterlu
        Champion
        jaikumar1 if I remember correctly, for #1, movile v1 does not have a mobile quilt for recent posts page
        for #2 you probably don't want to go down the way of write your own component for the message list. The reason is this component is complicated and you need to consider different url patterns, eg. /board-id/xxx, /post-type/message etc. I remember there are so many combination of them. Using css/javascript to make the workaround may be easier.