Forum Discussion

harshitshah1989
Contributor
3 years ago

Modren chat API

I am new to this platform.So, I have some questions regarding this platform modern chat.
So, to give you background we want to build a solution to support multilingual chat support.
1) Dose Khoros modern chat support multilingual chat conversion? (Like if a customer speaks in Chinese and agent understand only English. So, both will do a conversion in their language and can read the messages in their native language).
2) I have read the Khoros care API documentation but not able to find any API related to modern chat. I have read regarding BOT API but is there any API that I can send a message as customer and agent thru API?
(Reson behind this we can send a translated message again like if a customer has typed in Chinese and we can send another message in English so it's easy for an agent to read and the same scenario for agent side)
3) I have also read about flow API documentation. So using Khoros flow API we can send a message to a customer or agent?
4) Is there any way to get the testing or sandbox environment to play with API and Khoros functionality?

It will be great if the community answer my question.
Thank you

• Hello, and welcome to the platform!

Please see my responses below:

1. This sounds like you are asking about a translation layer, which isn't available (although it is interesting). However, you can configure Modern Chat to present in the language of the end-users browser, and in doing so you can route the conversation to the appropriate agent. 
    2. We would expect a live agent to respond from the Agent console from the UI.  The Bot API is specifically for the bot to respond.  To understand the Modern Chat capabilities I suggest going to the Chat guide located here.
    3. You can use Flow to respond as a bot to the end-user (your customer), there are steps you would take in Flow to register a bot to a source integration, after that you can set up your bot responses from the Flow UI.  Can you provide more details on the agent-facing bot use cases? (FYI: gijs)
    4. Yes, a dev care instance can be provisioned.  Please speak with your Account Team to have it spun up. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Marcus