Forum Discussion

yeeyang
Adept
13 years ago

Most Recent Blog articles with offset

Hello Lithosphere,

In Re: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Lithium-Developers/How-to-retrieve-top-5-recent-posts-from-blog-or-posts-from/td-p/34806

So I did the 5 most recent blog article custom component but I wanted to offset that by <anyNumber> so that I can show some and then call in the others in another area or row. Is there a way to offset the REST call?

I've tried &offset, &start, and &limit but no go... did lithium use something else?

Many thanks!

• Okay, that's weird. When using on my community the &page parameter works like a pagination parameter as expected. So on your case

...?page_size=1&page=1

...should show the latest blog post.

...?page_size=1&page=2 

...should show the second oldest and so on.

• Hi,

Yes, Lithium is special and therefor uses the &page=2 parameter as the 1-based index of the page to be returned. :) 

yeeyang
      Adept

Thank you Claudius,

While that does work if you have two blogs, it doesn't offset the posts.

For example, if I'm using page-size=3, that gives me the 3 blog posts. What I am would like is to create a custom component which gives me the most recent blog post (page-size=1), then create 3 widgets under it to give me posts 2-4 (2, 3, and 4).

&page gives me posts from another blog (which is very helpful to know but not the solution I was actually looking for.

Claudius
        Boss

Okay, that's weird. When using on my community the &page parameter works like a pagination parameter as expected. So on your case

...?page_size=1&page=1

...should show the latest blog post.

...?page_size=1&page=2 

...should show the second oldest and so on.