Forum Discussion

11 years ago

multiple solutions

Hi

I've recently discovered the 'Allow Multiple Solutions' option. I've activated this in our stage enviroment and when I've marked multiple solutions, the initial post hyperlinks to the first solution in the thread. Is this the correct behaviour? If so, would it be possible to change the wording when there are multiple solutions - to say something like '3 Solutions. Click here to go to the first solution in this thread'.

Thanks

James

• Yes, this is the expected behaviour.  The link from the answered post points to the first solution in the thread.  You might be able to do something nifty with freemarker for the email template to calculate the number of solutions but unfortunately, at the moment this isn't an out of the box feature.  It would definitely make a good candidate for the ideas board.

In the meantime you could change the template to something that alerts the reader to the fact that there might be multiple solutiions and that the link will take them to the first.  Even, just as you've said "Click here to be taken to the first solution in this thread".

If you do fancy playing around with freemarker it might be worth visiting the developer boards for ideas/help.

Regards

Noaman

NoamanA
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Yes, this is the expected behaviour.  The link from the answered post points to the first solution in the thread.  You might be able to do something nifty with freemarker for the email template to calculate the number of solutions but unfortunately, at the moment this isn't an out of the box feature.  It would definitely make a good candidate for the ideas board.

In the meantime you could change the template to something that alerts the reader to the fact that there might be multiple solutiions and that the link will take them to the first.  Even, just as you've said "Click here to be taken to the first solution in this thread".

If you do fancy playing around with freemarker it might be worth visiting the developer boards for ideas/help.

Regards

Noaman