Forum Discussion

7 years ago

No Last Visited IP Address

Since we've been getting some fake kudo storms on ideas, I recently added an admin option to see a user's last visit IP on their profile page.

Now we have an idea with 300+ kudos from "blank" users, making it look like a fairly big brigading campaign.

Went to check the users' profiles and none of them are showing an IP address. Other, "regular" users do show it.

I know it's easy enough to change your public IP address, but how do you make it not show up at all?

Edit to clarify:

Using this API call:

"/users/id/${user.id}/settings/name/user.last_visit_ipaddress"

As far as I know every logged in visitor has their IP set. How are, potentially, 300+ users not showing any IP?

PerBonomi
      Boss

Bit of a misnomer though. When they say "hide", they simply mean show a different IP address than your actual one. Haven't found a service yet that shows no IP address.

Parshant
        Boss

PerBonomi- by using some Ghost Kudos script it can be done without login to community.

If you are an admin or you have access to view other user profile settings, you can  easily see all the IP address listed of the user in settings page using this url.
        https://your_community_url/t5/user/myprofilepage/user-id/6/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Just change the id of the user you want to see and you can view all the relevant data of that user with Device record and IP address.