Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Notification Settings

Hi

If we change default value of Notification settings in Admin panel is it will directly change user settings for all?

Eg: If we change Kudo settings use default to weekly instead of Immediately in Admin panel is same settingsautomatically changes to all the user personal settings.

• AbhishekIlindraYes it will reflect to all users except you have set the permission to the seperately by setting user permission. Same apply for the kudos.

JeffSp
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Yes, if a user has the "Use default" setting selected, when you change the default for the community, the behavior will change for them. Users that have selected a setting other than "Use default" are not affected.

-- Jeff

• JeffSp 

Thanks for your clarification, but i need more details on it

E.x:

As a Admin  if we changed default value of Kudos "Immediately" to "In a weekly Digest"  is it change every user setings with New change or user should chnage it manually

JeffSp
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Default always means exactly that: default. So if I have the default setting, whatever the admin sets for default will affect me whenever it's changed.

For example:

Here is my personal setting on this community:

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 9.42.40 AM.png

Right now the default is "In a Daily digest". If the community admin changes the default to "Immediately" then I will receive the "Immediately" setting automatically (and the new checkbox will be next to "Use default (Immediately)".

-- Jeff