Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Obtaining message attributes to use as filters for search results

We are currently crawling our community content using Rest API from our external Knowldgebase Search engine which provides facets or filters to allow users to narrow their search results.

Is there any way to identify board type (Board, Blog, Ideas etc), user tags, Solved attribute and number of replies for each item returned in the search results to include as search filters?

Thanks,

Darren

JakeR
    Khoros Oracle

If you're making calls against the Community, Board, or Blog class, you can get the info you want.  However, you have to use very specific methods (within the various classes) to get the information that you mention (Tags, Number of Replies, etc).  Once you grab that information, you can store it and parse it however you like with your company's Search tool(s).

When we talk about what can actually be yielded through our API using the "Search" method, this is what you can get:

* Subject / title of post - <subject>

* Time-stamp - <post_time>

* URL to post (for hyperlink) – view_href attribute on <message>

* Author – <author>

* URL to author profile – view_href attribute on <author>

* Message Body – <body> (requires passing an additional parameter to the request - restapi.format_detail=full_list_element)

DBurnell
      Guide

Thanks Jake!

This is very helpful, and thanks forthe tip on the additional parameter for the message body.

I got these examples from Damian, just in case others would like to see some examples.

Top tags

<Community Domain>/<Community ID>/restapi/vc/tagging/tags/top/tags

Top tags related to a predefined tag in a category

<Community Domain>/<Community ID>/restapi/vc/categories/id/<Category ID>/tagging/for/tags/text/<Tag>/tags/related/top/tags

Top tags related to a predefined tag in a board

<Community Domain>/<Community ID>/restapi/vc/boards/id/<boardID>/tagging/for/tags/text/<Tag>/tags/related/top/tags

JakeR
        Khoros Oracle
        Ahh yes - This is good additional info.

I've nominated this thread for a future knowledge-base article.

BTW - I hope your project is coming along well.
    • As I can see, there is no way to search with the last_edit_time field instead of post_time?