Forum Discussion

3 years ago

OOTB component for preview changes link or user menu item

There's a permission that allows you to grant the right to previewing changes on production community. But with this permission granted those users won't see a link to the "Publishing" admin section in their user menu. So two questions:

1. Should users with the preview changes permission see the "Publishing" admin section link in their user menu
  2. What's an alternative component to use that would expose the preview link as I cannot easily use this link for preview: /t5/bizapps/page.publishpreviewlinks.link:enterpreviewmodetofrontpage?t:ac=tab/community%3Apublish since a authentication ticket is necessary 
    AndyK
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hey Claudius 

Are you looking for the user drop down menus specifically or are you just trying to give them a link?

I just tested and when granting that permission I can then see the Community Dashboard with Publishing linked within it on prod.

Cheers,

Andy

• I now discovered that the experience enabled through this permission is different than I would have expected: Users with this permission won't get access to the "Publishing" admin backend. Instead once anyone with full studio publishing permissions enables preview on production then those with "Preview changes" permission will get the preview forced upon them. They can tell they are in preview by the top preview toolbar element (which by the way could get some design love to be upgraded from the Lithium 2012 design).

So actually no need for a custom element or link entry point to use it.