Forum Discussion

Inactive User
7 years ago

Options menu: one component to rule them all regardless of conversation-style? Or, differences b/t?

Is there a a way to add an options menu to custom quilts that always puts the right menu regardless of conversation style? Or do they have to match each exactly? 

<quilt>
    <add to="some-part">
        <component id="an-options-component"/>
    </add>
</quilt>

So far, I have found:

• blog-article-options
  • board-options
  • community.widget.page-options
  • group-options
  • idea-options
  • menu-bar
  • menu-bar-without-options
  • thread-options
  • tkb-options

Are there differences amongst these that are more than just the limitations of each conversation style? 

Where can I find this documented?

Thanks!

• Inactive User - Before answering your question, I'd like to ask the following:

1. Why do you want to add this to custom quilts? What purpose do you want to solve with this?

- Now, even if you are adding it, it should work fine as long as it founds the respective working components on that quilt. I.e. If you are on the forums page, the topic options should be accompanied by the message-list component.

- Also, since all these options menus are non-contract lithium components, so you should also be very careful while making any changes or adding or removing these from quilts. Another point is, even if you add a wrong options component on a quilt, it wouldn't render or might cause exceptions in some cases. So, please make sure that when you are working with non-contract components. These component names are hyphenated and lower case since these components can change from release to release (although they rarely do).Be very careful before deleting these components from a page. You will not be able to add them back easily and might have to open a Support ticket or contact Professional Services in order to do so. If you want to remove a non-contract component from a page, and to learn more about non-contract components, read these steps.  

I hope this helps.

VarunGrazitti
      Boss
      Also, to add to this - these non-contract components do not appear in the Components list in the Page tab. So be very careful before deleting these components from a page or you'd have to restore the page to default or contact Lithium support if that doesn't help.
        Inactive User

Hi VarunGrazitti,

What we want to do is not remove them, but have put together a "Utility Bar" with some of the Options items on it. Right now I either move the options menu with Javascript or I add it in the quilt. See https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/bd-p/discussions for an example. If you have a better idea on how to make this happen, I'm all eyes. Thanks!